Applying the participatory approach in the development of the National Vision contents, with the participation of
Adopting Agreed Comprehensive Background References Upon Which to Base Preparation of the National Vision :
- Constitution of the Republic of Yemen.
- The Agreed Outcomes of the National Dialogue Conference.
- Basic Laws and Legislations.
- Sectoral Strategic Plans and Previous Government Programs.
- Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development (2016-2030).
- Successful International Experiences and Practices.
- Proposals and Visions of Government Institutions.
- Visions and Perceptions of Political Parties and Political Factions.
Planning Levels And Vision Preparation:
Four levels of planning were set out to prepare the National Vision as follows:
- Overall National Vision:It is reflected in the wording of a text that highlights the desired perception that society aspires to reach by 2030.
- Objectives:A set of strategic goals were developed for each objective with developed measured indicator benchmarks.
- Goals:The overall strategies are expressed at the sectoral level and the target areas, including a text for each sector or area that sets out the objective by 2030.
- Initiatives:A set of translated initiatives were developed for each strategic objective in the National Vision Matrix.
- Technical Team:A group of experts and stakeholders directly under the President of the Republic (Head of the Supreme Political Council); responsible for designing and drafting the National Vision methodology; revising national documents and international visions, coordinating the participation of the concerned parties and assimilation and inclusion of their remarks in the basic document of the National Vision.
- Groups of Experts:Specialized groups in different themes of the National Vision. The task of each group is to provide consultation and opinions to improve the drafting of strategic visions and plans, develop performance indicators, and participate in the management of discussion sessions and workshops in each of the vision themes concerned.
- Preparation Phase:To develop a plan and a work mechanism for the team to prepare National Vision and to look at the national and sectoral plans and strategies, review the international experiences and see the current changes and the future regional and international prospects that could affect the country to take into account in developing the National Vision and come up with the most important challenges facing Yemen.
- Drafting Stage of The Main Directions of National Vision:During which the basic National Vision document was drafted, which included drafting the text of the National Vision document and strategic goals, setting objectives and a proposed list of priority initiatives.
- Sub-Strategy Development Stage:Following adopting the basic National Vision document, developing the interim and sub-strategies will begin, including an in-depth analysis of the current situation at the sectoral and theme levels, review and developing initiatives to bridge the gap at each goal level, and developing strategic and operations plans.
- Implementation Stage: Includes three phases:
- Implementation of National Vision Strategy I: Steadfast Resistance and Recovery 2019-2020.
- Implementation of National Vision Strategy II: institutional structure, reconstruction and strengthening the foundations of stability 2021-2025.
- Implementation phase of the third vision strategy: advancement and excellence 2026-2030.