A qualified, efficient, professional and transparent administrative authority responsive to providing adequate public services for citizens, meets and keeps pace with the requirements of change and development with high flexibility, subject to accountability, based on modern administrative foundations in policymaking, service delivery and public administration, capable of achieving administrative development, implements comprehensive development goals supported by a modern and effective civil service system that contributes to improving institutional performance.
- Capacity Building of higher state institutions to enable them to fulfill their roles in supervising, directing, policy making and decision making, and to make a strategic change in public administration to serve the objectives of Government reform and developing state institutions and improving performance.
- Defining the role of the state, rebuild and structure government agencies, and complete the legislative and regulatory building of ministries, state institutions and entities that have not promulgated the regulations governing their work, and review laws and regulations with a view to eliminating repetition, overlapping and duplication of responsibilities and functions.
- Evaluating the institutional performance of the public service units according to scientific standards and bases, linking productivity indicators with their budgets and operating expenses, and verifying that they provide their services efficiently and effectively to achieve their goal and the level of asset management, maintenance and investment.
- Adopting the principle of merit and integrity in the selection and appointment of the officers carrying out of the senior functions of management and the higher authority, and strengthen their abilities, and the application of the principle of accountability.
- Improving the implementation of the budget/fiscal and financial management systems and procedures in all public service units to ensure optimal use of funds and clarity and transparency of the application of financial systems.
- Supporting the shift towards the implementation of Electronic-Government Networking to support and streamline government services to all concerned parties, serve and rationalize management decisions, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of government action.
- Improving the performance of the economic sector units and to correct their situation and management systems in order to enhance their role and work on developing their resources and rationalizing their expenditures.
- Human capacity building and development of professional, technical and functional skills to meet actual needs.
- Developing partnership with the private sector and civil society institutions for developing plans, policies and development programs.
- Developing and updating laws, rules, regulations and procedures of civil service and human resources management systems to achieve simplicity, transparency and cost economy in line with best practices and successful experiences.
- Developing the wage and salary scale system in line with the economic variables and respond to the nature and type of jobs and outputs of the job description system, with a views to attract the best human competencies.
- Reforming and adjusting the procedures for attracting human resources in accordance with the principles of equal opportunities, merit and transparency, and on the basis of actual need, and ensure optimal economic operation of human resources.
- Contribute to Developing systems and methods of work, and to identify and simplify the delivery of government services at all levels, so as to facilitate the access of citizens to services.
- Improving and developing the use of information technology in completing the construction of the database of civil servants, managing the human resources system, and encouraging the expansion of its use and linking it at the ministry level, public service units and administrative units.
- Developing the National Institute of Administrative Sciences to become a national center specialized in the preparation and developing senior and middle administrative leadership, and building the capacity of the state’s professional staff, and deepen its research and advisory capacity.
- Achieving effective control of the level of implementation of civil service legislation and remove all functional imbalances in all public service units and assess the level of implementation of civil service legislation and contribute to the evaluation of their performance on a regular basis.
- Developing the management of the social security and pension system; update legislation and ensure the most efficient ways to manage and invest the pension funds.